Garage Radio Submission Agreement|
What You Should Know Before Submitting Music To GR
Why Should You Read This?
Because of developments in the music industry and constantly changing copyright laws Garage Radio aka GR has outlined some simple terms regarding your music submissions. Unfortunately there are those out there who would like to take away you power to control the distribution of the material you’ve worked so hard to create. This little agreement insures that all parties involved are treated fairly and have been provided ample notice of Garage Radio’s intentions. GR also does not accept reproductions of material released by established acts … NO COVERS, NO MATTER HOW INVENTIVE! If your material does not conform to content laws (ex. it's pornographic, or uses extreme language), Garage Radio reserves the right to include a content warning or exclude it from the play list altogether. The agreement also grants Garage Radio full permission to use this music on a non-exclusive basis in any way we see fit (as part of a site advertising campaign or marketing promotion, for example). We will not sell your music without your consent or specific agreement, represent you without your knowledge or plagerize you in any way, as it goes against our very principle. Take note that at all times you retain full ownership of your music, Garage Radio reserves no right, other than the ones outlined below, to any royalties for your material. You are free to cancel your agreement with Garage RadioPrint Agreement
and have your music deleted from our system at any time, provided you request it specifically. Garage Radio aka GR also reserves all rights regarding protection under national copyright laws. If you are not sure what these terms mean to you, please consult an attorney.
GARAGE RADIO MUSIC SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
By following the steps in submitting your music to Garage Radio it is assumed that you have agreed to the terms outlined in this document. These conditions are a legally binding agreement between you and GR and are terms which appreciably affect your rights. Please print out a copy and review it with your attorney, manager and other representatives before agreeing. We reserve the right to make changes to this agreement in the future, although these changes would not apply to you unless you accepted the revised terms. These terms are accepted by you when you give consent to the GR DJ to play your music on our stream:
1. GR Rights. All material submitted by you to Garage Radio shall be available for us to use on a non-exclusive basis anywhere and everywhere without any payment to you. This includes images, audio files, lyrics and any other creative property you provide to GR. We will not sell or license your music to others, which does not include making your music publicly available from our web site, but GR will be authorized to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display and digitally perform and/or distribute the Material in whole or in part, alone or together with other material. GR shall also have the right to use the Material for the purpose of promoting GR products and services and to use the name, likeness and biographical material and any logos, marks or trade names of you or any individuals performing or otherwise represented in the Material or the artist or band included or referred to in the Material without any payment to you or any other persons or companies. For the purposes of promotion via our network partners, GR shall have the right to waive, on your behalf, any performance royalties on the Material.
2. Ownership of Submitted Materials. At all times you shall retain full ownership of the Material while granting to GR the following non-exclusive rights: By accepting this agreement and/or submitting any Material, you are guaranteeing to GR that you are of legal age to enter into contracts (you're not a minor) and have all rights, approvals and/or consents necessary to submit the Material on the terms provided herein. You also guarantee that no permission is required from any other individual, company or organization for us to use the Material and other rights provided herein. You further guarantee to GR that the compositions, recordings, lyrics and other materials contained in the Material are original, created only by you and do not contain any "samples" or excerpts from the material of others and do not otherwise infringe on the rights of any other individuals or companies. You also guarantee that your submitted material does not break any international copyright laws or infringe on the rights of other individuals, be it artist, audience, or group and is not libelous, pornographic or obscene. Finally, you guarantee to GR that the Material will not contain any "viruses" or other information, which may damage or otherwise interfere with GR computer systems or data or that of our clients. You shall be fully responsible for any violation of your agreements including the guarantees made to GR under this paragraph and you shall reimburse GR and GR’s clients for any damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from your breach. You shall sign and deliver to GR any additional documents that GR may request to confirm GR’s rights under this agreement.
3. Usage Terms. GR shall from time to time publish on the GR site its policies concerning the service and content to be submitted and you agree to comply with those policies. GR shall have the right to review your Material and in its discretion edit, alter, decline to post or remove any of the Material for any reason.
4. Disputes. You represent that you own right, title and interest to all songs that you submit or mail to GR.
If a dispute and/or claim exists wherefrom, GR reserves the right to remove such song from the GR website until such time as a bona fide resolution has been reached by the quarrelling parties. GR is not in a position nor has the authority to resolve any claims and/or disputes wherefrom. We will not be your arbitrators.
5. Disclaimer. You acknowledge that the operation of our site may from time to time encounter technical or other problems and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted or without technical or other errors and GR shall not be responsible to you or others for any such interruptions, errors or problems or an outright discontinuance of the GR service. There are no assurances whatsoever that any of the Material shall actually be utilized on the GR site or if so utilized continue to be available for any particular time. The GR site may be discontinued at any time, with or without reason. If for any reason any part of this agreement violates any law or would otherwise be void, this agreement shall be deemed amended to the minimum amount necessary to make it lawful and
6. Cancellation. After the Material you submitted has passed our review, and has moved onto the stream, you may cancel this agreement with GR, and upon your emailed request to remove music, account, or any other submission, news or otherwise to firstname.lastname@example.org;
after which we will remove the requested item from Garage Radio’s Database. We are not responsible for any copies of your materials downloaded from our site by GR guests or members before we removed it.
7. Miscellaneous. In the event of any dispute concerning this agreement New Jersey law shall apply and all legal proceedings, if any, shall take place in New Jersey.
Sign Up for GR. Now
that you have read our terms and conditions for radio play of your music you are ready to become a member of the biggest resource for musicians on the Internet. Please follow the steps contained under submit music. Start…
Copyright © by Garage Radio Magazine All Right Reserved.
Published on: 2002-10-26 (3029 reads)[ Go Back ]